A bit late as per usual, but here we go!
Top Albums I listened to in 2012
1. Bon Iver - Bon Iver
2. Jack White - Blunderbuss
3. Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls
4. Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska
5. The Black Keys - Attack and Release
Yeah I make the rules and it doesn’t matter if they weren’t all released this year.. See more.
My Favourite Films in 2012
1. The Dark Knight Rises
3. The Cabin in the Woods
4. The Avengers
5. Young Adult
Top Restaurants I ate at in 2012
Top TV Series of 2012
2. The Newsroom
5. Person of Interest
This is hard because I always jump on a bunch of shows right after the New Year that I want to chuck in but won’t. I also exclude sitcoms that I always watch and enjoy (unless they are exceptional for one reason or another).
Top Goals from Last Year (and how I did)
1. Put on muscle and get a good body - I really didn’t put on much muscle, maybe a little. But I definitely dropped to my lowest weight. Spent the last month of the year eating and drinking everything I wanted that is bad for me because I could (and didn’t think I should keep dropping weight).
2. Start a business (or multiple), in my spare time - I did a bunch of freelance stuff but not a real company. Put a little groundwork in.
3. Brew my own beer - I got over this desire pretty quickly, I went through a stage of reading brewing books, watching tv shows and documentaries but, as I was drinking less beer (2012 was a good year for vodka..), it fizzled out.
4. Go on a holiday to one of ‘dream’ places - I didn’t, but I managed to travel a nice amount and I’m going to a dream place and a new continent in 10 weeks!
5. Read 30 books minimum - Not even close, I got to double-digits but couldn’t find time. However, I’m not reading more and have already read several things since Christmas. I got a Kindle, after all. Newfound love for Asimov too and lots that I’m looking forward to reading this year.
Goals for 2013
1. Run a marathon - I’d like to run the Edinburgh marathon, then the Glasgow half-marathon, then Men’s Health Survival for a second time. That means I need to get training immediately.
2. Save enough money to get back to New York - Becky’s never been - and it might not be my choice over somewhere new - but I want to take her there more than anywhere.
3. Make more money doing what I love - A little vague but it’s what I am most interested in.
4. Muscle muscle muscle! - I’m not one of these gym guys, I’m not likely to be taking protein and having a “strict” diet (my diet is the only one that I seem to manage).
5. Create more - Again, vague but I know that the most fun I have is making new things that I’m proud of. There’s more but I won’t bore you or reveal something I shouldn’t.
Unexpected Successes in 2012
1. Ran a half marathon It wasn’t long ago that I was struggling with 1km of running.
2. Got to my goal weight. Never ever thought I could actually lose 4stone (over 50lbs)
3. Won an award for a video
Happy New Year!